Taika Waititi, the executive producer and star of the pirate comedy created by David Jenkins, will return for a second journey. “We believed the show was unique when we were making it, but viewers’ open-armed embrace of the inhabitants of the Revenge makes heading into a second season even sweeter,” Jenkins said in a statement. This new journey into this realm would not have been possible without the hard work of the HBO Max team, our committed executive producers, and our fervent audience members.”
Queer Storylines Have Been Appreciated in Particular in the Well-received Comedy
An 18th-century would-be pirate named Stede Bonnet inspired the first season (Rhys Darby). “Steve became captain of the pirate ship Revenge after trading in the seemingly charmed life of a gentleman for one of a swashbuckling buccaneer,” reads the official description. Blackbeard’s infamous Captain Blackbeard’s fatal encounter with Stede transformed Stede’s fortunes for the better” (Waititi). Stede and Blackbeard, who couldn’t have been more different, discovered on the high seas that they weren’t just buddies, they were in love. It’s now up to them to get through it.”
The number of episodes and the launch date for the new season has not yet been announced. Nathan Ford, Samson Kayo, Vico Ortiz, Ewen Bremner, Joel Fry, Kristian Nairn, Con O’Neill, Guz Khan, David Fane, Rory Kinnear, Nat Faxon and Leslie Jones were among the cast members of season one.
HBO Max renews Our Flag Is Death for a Second Season Season 2 of Our Flag Means Death has been renewed Thanks to HBO for the use of this image. Our Flag Means Death has been renewed for a second season on HBO Max, according to TVLine’s sources. Just over two months after Our Flag Means Death wrapped up its 10-episode inaugural season on March 24, the show has been renewed for a second season.
On-Demand TV Ratings
New Shows and Renewing Shows
Netflix and streaming show launch gallery for newly renewed shows that were previously cancelled A spokesperson for HBO Max remarked, “We are so delighted to bring this absolute one-of-a-kind series back!”. This award goes to the entire cast and crew, as well as [creator] David [Jenkins], [stars] Taika [Waititi] and [star] Rhys [Darby].
Fans’ warm welcome of the Revenge’s occupants makes returning for a second season all the more delightful, according to Jenkins. “We couldn’t have done it without our dedicated staff at HBO Max, our committed executive producers, and our enormously enthusiastic fanbase.
- In the film, Rhys Darby portrays Stede Bonnet, an aristocratic Barbadian who, fed up with his stodgy lifestyle and unhappy marriage, decides to take up piracy to get out of his shackles. His goal is to
- become known as “The Gentleman Pirate” after purchasing the Revenge and employing his crew.
- Nat’l Buttons, Stede’s wisecracking first mate on the Revenge, played by Ewen Bremner.
- Frances, a crew member on the Revenge, sings frequently about the experiences of the crew.
- It is Oluwande Boodhari, one of the Revenge’s more levelheaded crew members, who is sympathetic to Stede and works to keep him safe.
- Israel “Izzy” Hands, Blackbeard’s brutal first mate, is played by Con O’Neill.
- Nathan Ford plays writer Lucius Spriggs on the Revenge, whose job it is to document the ship’s exploits.
- On his way to a fight with a bounty on his head, Vico Ortiz portrays “Bonifacia” (Jim Jimenez, previously known as Bonifacia). While disguised and pretending to be mute, Oluwande helps them join the crew
- of the Revenge.
- As a member of the Revenge’s crew known as “Wee John Feeney,” Kristian Nairn portrays the pyromaniacal figure.
- A grumpy pirate on the Revenge who claims to have been under Blackbeard’s command, Matthew Maher plays Black Pete in the role.
- A member of Blackbeard’s crew, Ivan (Guz Khan) joins Blackbeard on board the Revenge.
- Fang, a crew member of Blackbeard’s Revenge, is played by David Fane.
- Reese Witherspoon portrays Captain Nigel Badminton, who bullied Stede as a child. Kinnear also portrays Admiral Chauncey Badminton, Nigel’s brother.
- It’s Nat Faxon, aka “The Swede,” who plays a member of the Revenge’s crew.
- On the Revenge, Samba Schutte plays the ship’s cook Roach.
- It’s Taika Waititi’s turn as Edward “Ed” Teach/Blackbeard, the famed and feared pirate leader, who has grown bored with his life and job since he believes his notoriety has made it too easy for him to
- succeed. After hearing about Bonnet from his first mate Izzy, he resolves to go in search of him.
- Spanish Jackie, a formidable and feared pirate captain with 19 marriages, is portrayed by Leslie Jones in this film.
- As Geraldo, a shady bartender in the Republic of Pirates and the husband of Jackie, Fred Armisen appears in the film.
- Mary Bonnet, Steve’s wife, is played by Claudia O’Doherty.
- As Father Bonnet, Stede’s emotionally abusive father, Boris McGiver appears.
- Mabo, an Indigenous leader who is distrustful of invaders, is played by Gary Farmer in the film.
- To play Antoinette, Gabriel’s partner and sometimes sister, Kristen Schaal steps into the role.
- It’s Nick Kroll as Gabriel, the French aristocrat who is both her companion and her brother, that we’re introduced to today.
- As Doug, Tim Heidecker plays
- Playing The Widow Kristen Johnston Evelyn Higgins is the person behind the name.
- Fleur de Maquis is played by Yvonne Zima.
- Will Arnett portrays Calico Jack, a pirate captain who was once a friend of Blackbeard’s and was recently overthrown.
- Angus Sampson as George III
It was after learning about Stede Bonnet from his wife and reading his Wikipedia entry that creator and showrunner David Jenkins got the idea to write the show. As a result, he was eager to learn more about Bonnet’s past and why Blackbeard took him in as a stowaway.   His original goal for the show was to focus on the romance between Bonnet and Blackbeard, so he pitched it that way from the outset.
It was Jenkins who first approached Taika Waititi with the subject of Stede Bonnet, and it was Waititi who eventually agreed to get involved after hearing about it from Jenkins.
Due to Jenkins’ original approach to the pirates, Waititi became interested in working on the film.
They agreed that a romance between Bonnet and Teach was the “reason to do the play” in later discussions. After reading the pilot episode’s script, Garrett Basch became the show’s executive producer.
With executive producers Jenkins, Basch, and Halstead as well as filmmaker Waititi, HBO Max has ordered a straight-to-series order for the show in September 2020.
The show got renewed for a second season on June 1, 2022.