Instagram Password Reset: How to Change Instagram’s Password on an Android or iPhone?
Instagram just celebrated its tenth birthday, and the social media platform currently has 1.38 billion members. It is always possible that Instagram will become the target of a cyberattack given that it is one of the most widely used social media networks. There have been various claims that Instagram user data has been compromised due to a breach. As a direct consequence of this, it is strongly recommended that users change their passwords at least once every half a year.
Also, if you forget your password, you don’t need to worry since we have you covered. In this article, we will demonstrate how to change or reset your Instagram password on your desktop computer or mobile device. You can access Instagram on either platform. By following the steps below, you will be able to change or reset the password for your Instagram account.
How to Change Instagram’s Password on an Android or iPhone
If you have an iPhone or an Android smartphone and wish to change your Instagram password using the Instagram app, you will need to follow the steps that are detailed in the following paragraphs.
- After the Instagram app has been opened, you will need to check in to your account.
- To edit your profile, select the three horizontal bars located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose the settings menu, and then tap the security option.
- To open the authentication security settings, select the Password option from the drop-down menu.
- Please enter your password from the previous time. The next step is to enter a new password and then confirm it using the same password that you just entered.
- Once you click “Save,” your current password will be replaced with a new one.
How to Change Your Instagram Password From Your Computer
Changing your Instagram password from a desktop computer is a very straightforward process. This is elaborated about in greater detail below:
- Go to Instagram.com and sign in to your account there.
- To access your profile image, click the arrow in the upper-right corner.
- To modify your password, go to “Settings” and then “Password Change.”
- Please enter the password that is being used at the moment.
- Now that the new password has been selected, it needs to be recorded and checked for accuracy.
- Once you have changed your password, you will need to select the option to change your password again.
When Populated, Choose Next to Trigger the Following Events
- Immediately following the submission of your email address, you will be sent an email including a confirmation link.
- Through the short message service (SMS), a confirmation link or code will be delivered to the phone number that you supply.
- After providing your username, you will be given the opportunity to choose how you would like to be contacted with your confirmation code. There are a number of different ways to do this depending on how your account was initially set up. Tap the Send SMS button to receive it as a text message, and tap the Send Email button to get it as an email instead.
- Following the acquisition of the code, you will be required to either enter the code or click the confirmation link.
- You will be able to change the password for your account if you go to the website where you can reset your password and click on the confirmation link, which will take you to that page.
- After creating a new password and reiterating it for security, you will need to check the box in the upper-right hand corner.
- After you have finished everything, click the option to reset your password, and the screen that allows you to log in will appear.
- You can now access your Instagram account using the same credentials that you used for your other social media accounts.