Law & Order Season 23: Release Date, Spoilers and where to watch
Laws & order season 23 news spreading among the viewers, its getting interesting that what will be the release date.
But before talking about the release date stuff, let me give you a small overview of the Law and Order show, it is a American television series which is created by Dick Wolf and produced by Wolf Entertainment and universal television. Series follows the two step process which starts with the New York Police Department ( NYPD ) which looks into the incidents and ends with the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office prosecuting the suspect.
The show received great praise from the audience because of its complex character development, raw picture of criminal justice system and for it’s storyline.
Now let’s look when will the season 23 release.
Release date of Law & Order season 23!
There is no doubt that season 23 will come or not because on April 10, 2023 NBC confirmed the season 23, makers said that they are happy to announce that. However, as of now there is no official statement has been given from the makers about release date, the reason behind the delay of season 23 is WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes , they have put the dates on hold.
If we look into the whole situation and predict the release date then it could be released on January, 2024, although it can be wrong due to the ongoing strikes.
Spoilers for Season 23 of Law & Order
Law and Order season 23 is not yet aired and there is no authentic news of it’s releasing date and it’s expected to be aired in early 2024. Therefore, there is no spoilers available for season 23 but based on the season 22 finale and many articles here are some possible or predicted spoilers for season 23 :
- Rafael Barba’s return: As we saw in the season 22 finale that Rafael Barba’s came back as a defense attorney in the upcoming season, his interference in the high profile cases will bring him into conflicts with Olivia Benson and the special victims unit.
- The end result of Kat Dale’s resignation: Kat Dale’s going away from the SVU will leave a void in the unit, it will be exciting to watch how the unit manage her position.
- Investigation into Richard Wheatley: Rischard Wheatley may still be in the big scene, threatening Benson and SVU. Detectives may find out again about it in season 23.
- Possibility of Benson Barba romance: season 22 finale intimated at the possible reviving of the romance between Benson and Barba, it will be interesting to watch them in different sides of courtroom.
- The impact of Garland’s resignation : Deputy chief Garland’s left from the NYPD will likely have a major effect on SVU, team might face new challenges in the new leadership.
These are some of spoilers for season 23 of Law & Order, however show has known for it’s surprising storyline so anything could happen, just wait the season 23 to arrive.
Where to watch Law & Order all seasons?
There are many platforms in which you can enjoy the Law & Order series , here are some of them :
- Peacock: it is a platform which contains broad library of Law and Orders content , with almost 20 seasons. However, you can only watch it free for some limits then you have to buy subscription of it,
- Amazon Prime Video: here you can watch 1 to 19 seasons of Law and Orders, and there is no free trial of it in the Amazon Prime video you must have the subscription to enjoy all episodes.
- Vudu: here you can rent or purchase individual episode or even whole season, they have 20 seasons.
- Google Play Movies and TV: As all of other here also you can rent or purchase the episodes and whole season.
Therefore, these are some platforms in which you can enjoy the Law & Order show, I hope this helps
Recap of Season 22 of Law and Order in short
In season 22, NYPD investigated cases which were related to robbery, murder or rape. plus on season 22 they deal with after result of the September 11 attacks as well as war of terror.
season 22 was a great success and they got nominated for many awards too, not only this they got 12.1 million viewership and that made it highest rated season since season 17.
Cast of Law & order
The Law & Order show includes many well known faces of the film industry, here is the list of main cast members :
- Jerry Orbach as detective Lennie Briscoe ( season 3-14 )
- S.Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren ( season 4-20 )
- Sam Waterston as District attorney Jack McCoy (season 5–present; formerly Executive Assistant District Attorney)
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green (seasons 10–18)
- Steven Hill as District Attorney Adam Schiff (seasons 1-10)
- Paul Sorvino as District Attorney Paul Robinette (seasons 1-2)
- Michael Moriarty as Assistant District Attorney Ben Stone (seasons 1-2)
- Richard Brooks as Assistant District Attorney Paul Geyser (seasons 3-4)
- Dann Florek as Assistant District Attorney Norman Buntz (seasons 4-17)
- Carey Lowell as Assistant District Attorney Jamie Ross (seasons 6-7)
- Jill Hennessy as Assistant District Attorney Claire Kincaid (seasons 9-12)
- Angie Harmon as Assistant District Attorney Abbie Carmichael (seasons 13-16)
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Reynaldo Curtis (seasons 14-15)
- Elisabeth Röhm as Assistant District Attorney Serena Southerlyn (seasons 15-16)
- Alana de la Garza as Assistant District Attorney Connie Rubirosa (seasons 17-22)
- Fred Dalton Thompson as District Attorney Arthur Branch (seasons 15-20)