Top 10 Quotes of Investment of All Time That Matters
If you have a long-term financial goal, you are likely to make more money by looking at the various options before investing
Are you planning on making an investment? Well, before you start, relax, sit down and take a close look at your financial situation. What are your goals? Are you risk-tolerant? There is no guarantee that your investments will make money.
But it is important that you gain financial security. We know that all investments involve risk, high or low. Higher the risk, the higher the return. Remember, you could lose your money, too. But, if you have a long-term financial goal, you are likely to make more money by looking at the various options before investing.
Just as inspirational quotes help us in dealing with situations. There are investment quotes that come to our aid before making decisions, while making investments and when we are worried about our returns.
Let us look at a few of them.
- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. — Benjamin Franklin
Nothing will pay off more than educating yourself, especially when it comes to investing your hard-earned money. Do all the necessary research and analyse before making any investment decisions.
- It’s not whether you’re right or wrong that’s important, but how much money you make when you’re right and how much you lose when you’re wrong. — George Soros
Most investors are obsessed with just being right, even if the gains are small. Winning big and reducing your losses when you’re wrong are more important than being right. Just keep in mind that you need to be ethically right, though.
- “Bottoms in the investment world don’t end with four-year lows; they end with 10- or 15-year lows.”— Jim Rogers
Ten- to 15-year lows are not uncommon. They happen. During these times, don’t shy away from investing. Go against the trend and invest. You could make a fortune by making a bold move.
- “In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.”— Robert Arnott
Many a time, you may have to step out of your comfort zone to get significant gains. Take small steps. Know the boundaries of your comfort zone and step out in small doses. Know the market, but know yourself first. Do a self-analysis. The best investment can go awry if you do not handle the situation well. It is not necessary that what you are confident about should yield profit.
- Given a 10% chance of a 100 times payoff, you should take that bet every time.” — Jeff Bezos
Many discourage the most profitable investment ideas because they probably think they won’t work. They never stop to think how much they could make if an unlikely outcome occurs.
- “Courage taught me no matter how bad a crisis gets … any sound investment will eventually pay off.”— Carlos Slim Helu
Do not give up in the face of inevitable setbacks. All investors face that especially during a crisis. If the reasoning behind the investment is sound, stick with it; it will eventually turn around.
- “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator.” — Ben Graham
Always base your decisions on facts and analysis instead of risky, speculative forecasts. Remember you are an investor, not someone who can predict the future.
- “The four most dangerous words in investing are, it’s different this time.”— Sir John Templeton
Don’t think that this particular time is any different. Follow all analysis and history.
- Returns matter a lot. It’s our capital.”— Abigail Johnson
Long term return on investments determines how much wealth people accumulate over time. Always look at your returns.
- I don’t look to jump over seven-foot bars; I look around for one-foot bars that I can step over.” — Warren Buffett
Investors often make things too hard for themselves. Sophisticated strategies could result in losing money in the long-run.
There is one important factor that you need to bear in mind, there is no strategy better than paying off all high interest debts you may have.
If you owe money on high interest credit cards, the wisest thing is to pay off the balance as quickly as possible. Beware of all high interest loans, or any loan for that matter. So think well, act wisely and make your money work for you.