After being put on hold because of the turmoil, SASSA has now stated that payments will resume. In addition, they will use their leftover funds from the Social Relief of Distress programme to distribute food parcels, cash, and food vouchers to those in need.
How Can I Obtain an Sassa Food Parcel?
You can get a food parcel from the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) by visiting your local office. While the application form isn’t available on the SASSA website, you can pick one up at the SASSA office closest to you.
The Following Documents Should Accompany Your Application
- Your 13-digit bar-coded ID and the birth certificates of your children. The local police chief, councillor, or religious leader may be able to vouch for you if you
- don’t have an ID or birth certificate.
- Provide evidence that you:
- are in the process of applying for grant funding (e.g. provide a police report that your house burnt down)
- no other means of support are married or divorced with no source of income have a short-term medical impairment have attempted to obtain maintenance
In What Way Can I Get a Copy of the  Sassa Food Parcel Application Form?
The South African Social Security Agency, or SASSA, is the organisation responsible for giving food hampers in the past. You may now spend your SASSA meal vouchers at certain restaurants by purchasing food coupons.
During times of crisis, it serves as a form of communal comfort. It is intended for South African citizens and residents. These applications must be submitted by the 30th of July 2021 if they are to be considered. As long as the household is truly in need, the funds might be extended for an additional six months.
Application Form for Sassa Food Parcel 2021: Where Can I Get It?
The application form for SASSA food coupons can be obtained by clicking on the link provided in this article. Your name, gender, kind of identification, nationality and other information must be included in your SASSA food voucher application for 2021 if you want to be eligible.
You must first input your contact information before being prompted to sign their statement. Before you sign the declaration, you can read it.
How Can I Get a Sassa Food Voucher?
The social hardship package can be applied for at a South African Social Security Agency. The application form for the 2021 SASSA grocery voucher is available at your local SASSA station, and applying for SASSA online is not that easy.
- You can fill it out and send it along with the accompanying documents.
- Give the bar-coded ID with the 13-digit number.
- Your children’s birth certificates
- If you don’t have a copy of your birth certificate handy, an affidavit from your lawyer will suffice. A sworn declaration from a person who knows you and your
- child could also be submitted. Additionally, the Home Affairs department accepts evidence that a birth certificate has been requested. A short-term permit
- From the Home Affairs division. Your baptismal certificate, a health clinic card, or a school report are all acceptable forms of documentation.
- Even a certificate from a local police station suffices.
- You must be able to demonstrate your genuine need for assistance.
- You tried to get help when you needed it.
- You have no one else to turn to for help.
- You’re either married, divorced, or unattached at this time.
- You have a temporary incapacity.
- You’ve run out of ways to make a living.
- Check the status of a Sassa R350 grant application?
- Check your SASSA status by entering your ID number and phone number.
Support for C19 Food
Gift Certificates for Food
- Food coupons are given to families who are unable to afford food.
- We offer two sorts of food boxes, each with a different amount of money in it:
- In comparison to SASSA packets, which only give 60% of the RDA for children under five, A supplies at least 80% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of
- nutrients needed by families with children under the age of five.
- People without children under the age of 5 and those who have been left without an income owing to shutdown laws are eligible for B.
Both of this teen’s parents work on farms, and he lives with them as a teenager. Because he was born with HIV, he’s also being treated for epilepsy as well. Unfortunately, he wasn’t sticking to his ART and the clinic staff couldn’t find him. In February 2020, he was finally found. As a result, his growth has been slowed down significantly. He appears to be in the age range of 8 to 9 years. CHoiCe Trust, one of our partners, helps him make regular clinic appointments to ensure he receives and follows through on his therapy.
A nutritious daily meal has been provided through the wonderful contribution of e’Pap by The Boikanyo Foundation and the use of the e’Pap Technology to help him stick to his treatment.
Inquiries on the Availability of Assistance With Food Preparation
Our Stay Safe! SmartVoucher USSD platform allows you to apply for food aid simply dialling *134*532*120# from any mobile device and filling out the application on your mobile phone.
There is currently a limit on the number of green-listed beneficiaries who can apply (those identified as most in need and recommended by partners). In the event that we receive a flood of applications, we will be unable to open the system to everyone due to the significant financial implications for GHI.
How a Client Submits an Application
The customer fills out the application form
Dial *134*532*120# from any mobile device to begin the application process. The customer receives an SMS with a reference to their application number.
Application Is Received by the Administrator
Approval or denial of a SmartVoucher application is based on a set of predetermined criteria. Approved vendors are connected to the application based on several criteria, such as the ward number or the location or province. Upon approval, a SmartVoucher SMS is delivered to the client.
The SmartVoucher value and redemption instructions are included in the SMS message.
Customer Pays a Visit to the Supplier
Receive your shipment at Mama’s Corner Spaza by presenting this SmartVoucher value Rx with this order. The customer presents the vendor with the SmartVoucher number.
Redeeming the SmartVoucher by the Vendor
Before the parcel can be delivered, the vendor must redeem the SmartVoucher that came with the package.
Vendors who have been pre-approved can access their Vendor USSD menu by dialling *134*532*2000#. The SmartVoucher can be redeemed here:
Immediately after the Vendor attempts to redeem a SmartVoucher, customers receive an OTP via SMS to verify the SmartVoucher redemption.
The Vendor must be presented with this OTP in order to complete the transaction. This stage guarantees that the recipient is in fact at the vendor’s place of business.
OTP authentication for SmartVoucher clients
Do You Want to Collect or Do You Want to Deliver?
Please note that if a local spaza shop or community-based organisation is registered as a vendor in your ward, we will either enable you to pick up your parcel there or deliver it to your home address.
Feedback from all of our recipients is very appreciated, as it allows us to make improvements to both our service and the contents of our packages. Please provide us with comments after getting the shipment and throughout the month so that we can make sure that it meets your family’s needs.