Recently Google has announced to eliminate the facility of providing unlimited storage for the Photos app. Users will have to pay for storage beyond June 2021. Now they will be given only 15GB of free storage. However, if users do not wish to pay, then they can use other services instead of this app. For this, they have to download or export all their data from Google Photos.
Get help with Google Takeout
People can take the help of the Google Takeout website to download or export photos and videos from Google Photos. This is a service that allows people to download all the data stored in their Google account.
Here people get the facility to download contacts including store photos and videos in Google account, YouTube videos they watch and everything related to Google account.
How to Download Google Photos to Phone
This makes the process of downloading photos and videos available in Google Photos much easier.
- For this, people have to go to the official website of Google Takeout or tap here.
- Now they will have many options related to Google account. They have to decalcify them all.
- After that scroll down and come down and select the given option for Google Photos only.
Will get two options of Google Photos
- Now you will see the Next button at the bottom. As soon as you tap on it, two options will come in front of you for ‘Export once’ and ‘Export one year in every month’.
- After selecting one of these, you have to select one of the ‘.tgz files’ and ‘.zip files’.
- After selecting this, tap on ‘Create Export’. Now an email will be sent for account verification like Google.
How long will the process take?
After the export process starts, it may take several hours to download the data. Time will be based on data. The more data. Time will also take that much. You will also receive an email after downloading it.
Charges of Google Photos from June 1, 2020
Google Photos will start charging money for the storage of photos and videos from June 1, 2021. Along with this, high-quality photos and videos uploaded in Google Photos before this will not count in the free 15GB storage.
However, the rest of the photos and videos will be in free storage only. If the user backs up photos and videos in original quality, they will always go for free 15GB storage.